Mizoram Stone Mine Incident: 8 killed, search and rescue operation underway in Mizoram stone cliff collapse
Mizoram: Mizoram Stone Mine Incident– Eight bodies have been recovered from the rubble of a collapsed stone quarry in Hanathiyal district of Mizoram. An officer gave this information on Tuesday.
R Lalremsanga, district deputy commissioner, Hanathiyal, said that 12 people had gone missing in the mine collapse and till 7 am on Tuesday, the bodies of eight of these people have been recovered. The work of clearing the debris is still on. (Mizoram Stone Mine Incident)
According to the information received, when the workers working here were returning to their work after lunch, the mine collapsed. It is being told that so far 8 bodies have been recovered. At present, the BSF, NDRF and Assam Rifles personnel are jointly conducting the rescue operation.
Mizoram | Eight bodies recovered so far from site at Maudarh village in Mizoram's Hnahthial district. BSF rescue team was immediately dispatched and arrived as first response unit. NDRF team reached the spot on Tuesday morning, search operation for 4 more on
(Source: BSF) pic.twitter.com/Y7jkXUS3xt
— ANI (@ANI) November 15, 2022
It is being told that most of the workers working in this mine were from other states. According to media reports, the search operation is going on for 4 more missing people. (Mizoram Stone Mine Incident)
Regarding the incident, Hanathiyal’s SP Vineet Kumar had told that “The accident happened at around 3:00 am on Monday morning. When some workers of ABCI Infrastructure Pvt Ltd were working in a stone quarry present in village Mauddh of the district.” (Mizoram Stone Mine Incident)
Also read- Islamophobia of Karnataka BJP MP: BJP MP from Karnataka threatened to demolish the bus stand with a bulldozer, saying ‘the bus stand looks like a mosque’